Cozy Mountain Cabin on a lake with a private dock, paddle boats and swimming! Sleeps up to 8 adults & kids! Perfect for those who want to "escape it all"!
Set in the majestic Manti-La Sal National Forest and central among 12 state and national parks. This aspen surrounded oasis is perfect for couples & small families, hunters, get-a-ways, and more! It’s located 40 minutes up the mountain road north of Blanding, UT.
The Camp Jackson Lake Cabin is central to the San Juan County trail system. It's located 1/2 mile from the Camp Jackson Trail that is a horse, hiking or ATV trail.
Hunting season is a great time at Camp Jackson. Located miles back in the forest. Large game is abundant as well as turkey.
* Studio style, 1 bed, 2 futons, 1 bath, sleeps up to 6 adults and 2 kids (loft area)
* Beautiful view of the lake from the cabin and covered deck.
* Outdoor picnic table
* Kitchen/dining area with gas range/oven, sink & small refrigerator
* Table and chairs
* Small gas stove for heating only (thermostat on the wall)
* Service for 8 of silverware, plates, cups, bowls. Also a few serving bowls, serving spoons, water pitchers.
* Some basic cooking utensils, pots & pans.
* Dish towels, dishcloths, and dish soap
* Full bathroom with small shower
* Towels- 4 bath towels, 2 hand towels, and 1 washcloth
* Living room
* 2 full-size futons and 1 full-size bed (bedding is provided).
* Open area loft above bathroom area with a metal ladder (stored on the wall) for access. It is 9’ by 10’ with a very low peaked ceiling ranging from 16 inches to 34 inches at the peak (bring own bedding).
* Bring your own life jackets. There are no lifeguards. You are responsible for your own safety.
* The lake is stocked with fish. Catch and release fishing only, with barb-less hooks, is permitted.
* 2 paddle boats for your enjoyment
* Horseshoe pit area in the trees between the road and the bank of the lake.
* There is no land line phone and limited cell phone service. Sometimes you can get a signal (Verizon wireless coverage is best for reception).
* The nearest town with stores is 40 minutes off the mountain road. Bring your own food and supplies, including paper towels.
* Electricity for the Camp Jackson property is run by a hydro-electric system which is limited. There is plenty of power for lighting and basic power usage but please be mindful of your power consumption. Heavy power users such as curling irons, blow dryers, electric griddles, etc. use a lot of electricity and may not work. Please do not use them excessively.
* Garbage bags are provided. Tie garbage bags tightly to reduce odor and to keep animals away. Place bags in caged area in the trailer by the pavilion.
* It is very rare but there may be bears and other animals in the area, so keep all coolers and food inside at night. Food and coolers can be kept in the restroom area of the pavilion at night.
* Pets- You may bring pets, but please keep them outside of cabins unless you put them in a carrier. Clean up your pet's waste appropriately. There is no charge for outside pets but you will be fined and charged if pets are brought indoors (see our policy page for more info).
* The water in the lake is cold and deep. Fishing is allowed for catch and release only. Please pinch the barbs on the hooks so the hooks can be removed without injuring the fish. ALWAYS remember to use life jackets or coast guard approved flotation devices when on, near or around the lake area. You are responsible for the safety and well-being of all participants and children in your group. PLEASE NEVER LEAVE CHILDREN UNATTENDED NEAR THE LAKE!! No lifeguard on duty- swim at your own risk.
* Smoking-There is NO smoking allowed inside the cabins. Fees will be assessed if there is smoking in the cabins.
* Stay out of the posted private area.
* Stay on the existing trails with all vehicles, including motorcycles and four-wheelers.
* On Departure-Leave the beds you used unmade. Put used towels into bathroom tub or shower area. Please keep wet towels, rugs and any wet items off wood floors.
*Camp Jackson is approximately 18 miles from Blanding. It takes about 40 minutes to get there. Camp Jackson GPS coordinates are: 37.48381°N 109.29859°W. The elevation is roughly 9,000 ft.
This property has 1 Full(s), 2 Pull Out Sofa(s).
Availability & Booking Calendar
Dishes & Utensils
Carbon Monoxide Detector
First Aid Kit
Daily Rate: $139 - $179 per night
- Rate varies due to seasonality and holidays.
- Please select your dates on our online booking calendar for an exact quote.
TrRm Tax - County - 4.57% Sales Tax - County - 6.35%
One Time Cleaning Fee - $50.00 Pet Fee - $30.00 Processing Fee - 3.20% - Tax Exempt
All cancellations are refundable, less a 7% reservation fee, if cancelled more than 30 days (for cabins) or 90 days (for lodges) prior to scheduled check-in date. All cancellations must be made in writing (email preferred). For cancellations less than 30 days (cabins/homes) or 90 days (lodges) before check-in date, any and all payments are forfeited, unless dates are booked and paid for again by another party. (“Cabins/homes” include: Ranch Cabin, White Pine Cabin, Canyon View Cabin, Bunkhouse Cabin, Four Corners Loft, Moab Guest Cabin, Moab Rockhouse, Elk's Grove, Mountain View, etc... “Lodges” include: Blue Mnt. Lodge, Camp Jackson Retreat, Grist Mill Lodge, Lasal Mountain Lodge, etc...).
Last updated 09/17/2020
Any reservation made more than 30 days prior to your arrival date requires a down payment of 25% of the total rental charges to confirm the dates. Reservations made within 30 days of your arrival date require 100% payment to confirm your reservation.
Last updated 09/17/2020
Our extended family (of 30) just spent four nights in Camp Jackson Lodge.bythe Nelsons08/17/2015
Our extended family (of 30) just spent four nights in Camp Jackson Lodge. It was a wonderful setting for a nature-loving family like ours, located in the middle of the Manti-La Sal National Forest. There are great hikes in the surrounding mountains, and some long ATV trails that made us wish we'd rented some four-wheelers. The kids LOVED the paddleboats on the private lake and used them constantly. Note that there is no TV and no microwave, so you'll want to plan accordingly. Also, the Lake Cabin is powered with a hydroelectric system. I highly recommend a stay. We'll likely be back in the near future.
Spent the weekend at the Camp Jackson Lake House and it was great!byNico Alba06/03/2015
Spent the weekend at the Camp Jackson Lake House and it was great! Beautiful lake and mountainside, cozy little cabin. Will return.
This is the third year we have scheduled our family reunion at Camp Jackson.byAnn Call08/06/2014
This is the third year we have scheduled our family reunion at Camp Jackson. We are already scheduled for 2015 and looking at dates for 2016 as well. The owners have taken great care of us and provided us with outstanding service. We love the privacy,the lodge, the lake, the beautiful views, the hiking, the weather, the wildlife,everything.
We have had our family reunion at Camp Jackson for the past 3 years and we absolutely LOVE it!!byJenny08/06/2014
We have had our family reunion at Camp Jackson for the past 3 years and we absolutely LOVE it!! Every year my children and I look forward to the time we'll spend in the beautiful mountains and cool weather. It is one of my favorite escapes. We are never bored, there is so much to do. We explore the mountain trails, play in the water on the paddle boats, enjoy the campfire while roasting smores, pick bouquets of wildflowers, collect natural treasures, and build our annual "fairy house". I love to spend time in the serenity of the woods with my family and disconnect from the hustle and bustle of life. Absolutely recommend a trip to Camp Jackson!!