North of Blanding (18 miles within national forest)
The Camp Jackson Retreat (Located 30 minutes north of Blanding Utah, within the national forest) Is perfect for large family reunions, group retreats, youth camps, and more! Sleeps up to 50 in beds + tent sites and RV options. Can accommodate groups from 30-75 guests.
New Lodge - 8 bedrooms, 6 baths, sleeps up to 30 people.
Lake Cabin - 1 bedroom, 1 bath, sleeps up to 8 people.
Bunk Cabins (2) - sleep up to 6 people each.
Pavilion - large grill & kitchen w/ seating for large groups, and large restroom with shower.
Tent & RV sites - 8 tent sites & 2 RV spots near pavilion. (water only. no hook-ups).
Private Lake - great fishing, swimming & water fun! The lake is stocked with fish. You can enjoy your time catch and release fishing, relaxing around the lake, using the paddle boats, or playing in the shallow area with the kids.
Hunting season is a great time at Camp Jackson. Located miles back in the forest. Large game is abundant as well as turkey.
* Three stories, each with a 14 x 28 ft. deck that looks out over the lake and mountain.
* 8 Bedrooms, 6 Bathrooms (3 Full and 3 Half), 8 Queen Beds, 4 Full size futons
* 3 of the queen beds have a mattress stored under them that can be pulled out and used to sleep extra people.
* There is bedding provided for the 8 queen beds in the Lodge only. (you must bring bedding for the rest of the retreat).
* Towels will be provided for the 3 Full Bathrooms.
* Opens out to the lake.
* Bedroom with a queen bed.
* Full bathroom
* Large open area with sink and counter
* 3 full size futons
* Wood burning stove
* Several 8 foot plastic folding tables and chairs
* Living area with wood burning stove, couch, and full size futon.
* Two bedrooms with one queen bed in each that share a half bath (sink & toilet).
* One bedroom with a queen bed.
* Full, handicap-accessible bathroom (sink, toilet, & shower).
* Kitchen area with sink, stove, refrigerator, & dining table
* Pots, pans, bowls, cooking utensils, and silverware for up to 30 guests. (for large groups we strongly recommend bringing disposable items).
* Outdoor propane grill.
* Accessible ramp to main level only.
* Four bedrooms with one queen bed in each that share two half baths (sink & toilet).
* Full bathroom with sink, toilet, and shower.
* Sitting area with one futon.
* Beautiful view of the lake
* Outdoor picnic table
* Combined kitchen/dining area
* Long table
* Small gas stove for heating (thermostat on the wall)
* Gas range with oven
* Kitchen sink and drain board
* Small gas refrigerator on front porch
* Service for 8 of silverware, plates, cups, bowls. Also a few serving bowls, serving spoons, water pitchers.
* Some basic cooking utensils, pots & pans.
* Dish towels, dish cloths and dish soap
* Full bathroom with small shower
* A few bath towels
* Living room
* 2 double-bed futons (Bring your own bedding.)
* Loft above bathroom area with a metal pull down ladder for access. It is 9’ by 10’ with a very low peaked ceiling ranging from 16inches to 34 inches at the peak with two full size sleeping mats.
* There is no refrigerator. Use coolers and dry ice chest.
* Dry Ice Chest for storing cold food (inside measurements 21” square & 27” deep)
Freezing with dry ice: Effective freezing time is 5 lbs. for 18 hours, 10 lbs. for 24 hours, 15 lbs. for 36 hours and 20 lbs. for 48 hours. Hints for using dry ice: Place dry ice in bottom of the . cooler and cover with regular ice or insulating material. Place food on top. Do not allow direct contact with food, glass or yourself.
* Commercial gas range with flat grill area and 6 burners, 1 large oven and 1 small oven.
* Limited amount of pots and pans, bowls, cooking utensils, water pitchers, knives & silverware . Eight bowls ranging from small to large, 2 cooking pots, one large water cooler,
* Commercial gas grill (2' x 4 ½') with 8 burners
* Large wood-burning stove for heat
* Kitchen sink and drain board (dish soap, cloths, towels, & hot pads )
* One 3' x 4' table
* One 8' banquet table for food preparation and serving
* Drinking fountain
* Outdoor fire pit with benches
* 7 picnic tables that seat 8-10 people each
* 10 plastic chairs
* Bathroom (toilet tissue & soap) with 1 shower and 2 toilet stalls and vanity area.
* Fluorescent lights in kitchen area. Use lanterns in table area after dark. (not provided)
* Play area for children (small swing set and sand)
~2 Small Bunk Cabins~
* Inside measurement is 11’ wide by 11’ long. On one side of the cabin is a shelf, 2’ wide x 11’ long for luggage and storage.
* On the other side of the cabin there are 2 plywood planks forming a double bunk type area to sleep extra people. They are 3’wide x 11’ long. There are four pads for the bunk area. Bring your own sleeping bags or bedding.
* Double bed (bring your own bedding)
* No electricity in these cabins.
* Propane light
* 8 tent sites near the pavilion
* 2 RV parking sites (water only - no sewer or power hook-ups)
* Bring your own life jackets. There are no life guards. You are responsible for your own safety.
* The lake is stocked with fish. Catch and release only fishing, with barb-less hooks, is permitted.
* 3 paddle boats for your enjoyment
* Horse shoe pit area in the trees between the road and the bank of the lake.
* Shallow water play area for children with adult supervision.
* There is no land line phone and limited cell phone service. Sometimes you can get a signal. (verizon wireless coverage is best for reception).
* The nearest town with stores is 20-30 minutes of mountain road away. Bring your own food and supplies.
* Electricity for the lodge, pavilion, and lake cabin is by a hydro-electric system which is limited. There is plenty of power for lighting and basic power usage.
* Electric skillets, electric curlers, curling irons and blow dryers use a lot of electricity. Please be mindful and do not use them excessively.
* Garbage bags are provided. Tie garbage bags tightly to reduce odor and keep animals away. Place bags in caged area on the trailer by the pavilion.
* It is very rare, but there may be bears and other animals in the area, so keep all coolers and food inside at night to help keep animals away. Food and coolers can be kept in the bathroom area of the pavilion at night.
* Pets. You may bring pets, but they must be kept outside. Clean up your pet's waste appropriately. There is no charge for outside pets, but you will be fined and charged if pets are brought indoors (see our policy page for more info).
* Smoking. There is NO smoking allowed inside any of the cabins.
* East and south of Camp Jackson Refuge is privately owned property, stay out of the posted private area.
* Stay on the existing trails with all vehicles, including motorcycles, and four-wheelers
* On Departure. Leave the beds you used unmade. Put used towels into bathroom tub or shower area. Keep wet towels, rugs, and any wet items off wood floors.
*Camp Jackson Refuge is approximately 18 miles from Blanding. It takes about 20 to 30 minutes to get there. Camp Jackson GPS coordinates are: 37.48381°N 109.29859°W. The elevation is roughly 9,000 ft.
MULTIPLY YOUR DISCOUNTS! THE LONGER YOU STAY, THE MORE YOU SAVE!
- STAY 3 NIGHTS FOR 10% OFF ENTIRE RESERVATION!
- STAY 4-6 NIGHTS FOR 20% OFF ENTIRE RESERVATION!
- STAY 7 OR MORE NIGHTS FOR 30% OFF ENTIRE RESERVATION!
WE MAKE IT EASY TO STAY LONGER THAN EXPECTED! THESE LIMITED-TIME MULTI-DAY DISCOUNTS ARE REAL, AND APPLY AUTOMATICALLY WHEN BOOKING ONLINE!